About Our Waterlooville Tutors
Our tutors at Tutor Doctor North Waterlooville come from a wide variety of academic backgrounds and cultures, fully reflective of East Hampshire communities.
All our tutors are university educated, often to Master’s or Doctorate level. Unless one of our Waterlooville tutors has additional exceptional skills, the degree will be at least a 2:1 and is frequently a 1st class degree from a top UK university. Some are retired teachers or current teachers willing to share their time and experience to help specific students. Some are retired specialists in a particular discipline.
There is a Common Theme Amongst our Tutors in Waterlooville:
- They all want to make a difference to the lives of their students.
- They use their individual touches- be it their bilingualism, creativity, patience, experience with kids- to cater to the learning styles of their students. This is because our tutors are focused on creating students who are confident, happy and thriving. As such, our tutors tailor their teaching styles to cater to the meet the student at the point of their need. Some of our tutors have experience teaching students with learning disabilities such as dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, and Autism, among others.
In order to ensure the academic success of our students, our tutors introduce the
student to the following skills:
- Project management
- Innovation and creativity
- Curiosity about new subjects
- Sustained focus and mindfulness
- Time management skills
- Task completion and prioritization
- New learning techniques
Our tutors also pay attention to any learning gaps a student might have, coming up
with an academic coaching plan that is designed to address and close these learning
gaps. Our tutors also have access to many different tools, databases and materials
that supplement their tutoring skills and ensure optimal efficiency.
As a Corporate Member of the Tutors Association, all our tutors are DBS checked along with their outstanding professional references.
All tutors receive training by TUTOR DOCTOR in our methodology and pedagogical approach.
Tutors are matched to the specific needs of students. As a result, we are always on the look out for potential new tutors.