Tutor Doctor's Working with Schools Process
Our five-step process below provides an overview of what happens when you decide to use Tutor Doctor’s tuition and services to support your school and pupils. As with all of our services, this is completely adaptable to your specific needs.
Scoping and Planning
Meeting with the Head Teacher or Senior Leadership Team member
- Discuss the tutoring requirements
- Agree contact plan; points of contact at school and what works best for them
Meeting with the teachers
- Establish the needs of the individual pupils; which sets they are in
- Confirm exam board, specification code and higher/foundation level
- Target grades, relevant recent assessment marks (e.g. mock exams)
Meeting with the pupils
- Talk about specific problems with the subject and personal learning style
- Confirm scheme of work, textbooks and other resources used
- Issue tutors’ details to school
- Check DBS status of tutors and agree any re-applications needed
- Tutor Doctor draws up timetable and individual tuition plans with the topics to be covered each session and ratifies them with the teachers
- Present the objectives and expectations of the Tutor Doctor tuition to the pupils
- Weekly reports are produced by tutors and sent to the teachers to monitor progress
- Additionally, regular meetings with teachers in school to get feedback and if necessary adjust tuition plans
- Feedback from pupils, teachers and administrators
- Have the objectives been achieved?
- What worked well and what should be done differently?