We tutor more Maths than any other subject here in Bristol. One-to-one tutoring really lends itself to learning Maths, with a specialist and carefully selected tutor able to go back to the foundations, or what we call “building blocks”, so that the current Maths being worked on becomes more easily understood.
For Maths tutoring we often talk about Method and Care. Maths is about being secure on the method, but then taking care to not lose your way or to lose marks unnecessarily come exam time. We provide tutoring services for a wide range of Maths students, from Primary through to GCSE and A-Level and adult learners too.
We have often found that students require support in the following areas of Maths
- Algebra: Solving equations and factorising quadratic expressions
- Geometry: working out gradients, and calculating the properties of various shapes
- Calculus: Differentiation and Integration
- Statistics and probability: presenting information via charts and diagrams
- Trigonometry: Pythagoras theorem, and knowledge of the sine, cosine and tangent ratios
Maths is the language of analytical and logical thinking in many fields of industry, such as manufacturing, computing and medicine. Give yourself a head start by securing your foundational grounding in Maths through our one-to-one tutoring service!